Monday, December 29, 2008

the flip + reveal at Studio Calico

As many of you already know (because Greg was too excited about it to keep it quiet), one of my Christmas gifts was a flip camcorder. But, it wasn't your ordinary flip. Greg solicited the design skills of Stephen to create this design. When I first opened it and saw the box, I was thrilled. Then, he told me to open it, and I saw the design, which was even more surprising considering last year I received a waterproof iPod case (I didn't even have an iPod) and the year before that, a weather station from Sharper Image, and the year before that, an alarm clock. So, needless to say, Greg did good this year.

Of course, once you get a toy like this, you have to play with it, so here's our debut video.

Do I sound too country for TV? It's a mixture of Texas, Tennessee, and Kentucky: a one-of-a-kind accent, don't ya think?

Anyway, look for more videos/tutorials here on my blog and in the tutorial section at Studio Calico.

Speaking of Studio Calico, it was definitely a lively reveal on Saturday night. There was so much chatting I could barely keep up. It was a good time, with lots of laughs and a few hints of good things to come. (I'm always liberal with my hints in the chatroom because I know the transcript only lasts for 1 hour.) So, if you missed the chat, feel free to join us on Sneak Night, and if you don't know when Sneak Night is, look in the upper right corner of my blog or the Studio Blog and there's a countdown clock for you :)

This stamp is also available in both the shop (scroll down to the bottom) and the add-on section.

I love this stamp...perfect for journaling or stamping a pattern.
I used it here as a pattern on my houses:

And Stephanie used it here as a journaling block:

I guess that's all for now, thanks for reading today!

5 comments:

Kristii said...

Whoo hoo!! I can't wait for more videos! What an awesome gift and personalization!! You were made for the camera girl!!

Anonymous said...

April, you are just the cutest!! I love your accent!!!

Chris Dodaj said...

I love your accent!! The camera suits you!

liz mataraza said...

you guys are goofy...very cute!

kathleen said...

You guys are just way too cute : ) Love the accent...love the personalized flip! Can't wait to see more!