Since a lot has happened since I posted last, this post will just be a list so I don't forget anything and so I feel accomplished today.
- Launched the November kit at Studio Calico. This was a huge feat as it was the first time I put together the slideshows and during that same time period, made sure all the shop items were correct, inventory was done, kits were packed, email newsletters were sent, AND the new kit photos worked correctly (which seems simple, but after you edit every photo 3 times, you realize the job isn't that simple after all). Of course, I couldn't have done it without Lorie, Stephen, Cara, Kristen, Mom, Kennon, and Maggie (who took all the kit photos this month).
2. Granny #3 who I call "Bertie." Her real name is Berta Faye, but she is my "Bertie." When I was born (along with my twin sister of course), my mom had to have emergency surgery and afterward needed help taking care of us. Her mom lived hours away and my uncle was still in school, so that option was out. Dad's mom worked as a schoolteacher, so that was out as well. So, several ladies from church volunteered to come each day. It didn't take long until mom canceled all the other ladies and just asked Bertie to stay with us all the time. She chose us and we chose her. Apparently, we instantly fell in love and were much better, more contented babies when she was around, so ever since, she has been my grandmother. It's actually a longer story than this, but to keep with my list format, I'll expound more on that later.
After I left Bertie's house on Saturday, she had a mild stroke on Sunday. She's been in the hospital the past two weeks, but is going to be home soon. She's doing very well.
3. Jackson's Orchard. I was determined to make it there this fall since I haven't been since last year, so I went during playgroup time (several of the mothers from church with their young kids get together each Thursday), and took photos. I'll post those tomorrow, but here's one to whet your appetite.
4. House. We've had lots of things delivered, but they're all in crates so there's not much to look at. But, just as an update: The drywall is complete, the plumbing is complete (well, no fixtures are set yet), we're trying to decide on the stain for our floors (they go in next week), the brick on the fireplace is being fixed tomorrow, tile will start next week, and we're in the process of choosing paint colors.
5. Home Front. Putting the final touches on Studio Calico's first release to retailers. It will go live later this week for purchase, shipping mid-November (really, we're shipping earlier than that, but I like to over-deliver instead of over-promising). Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a wholesale account.
6. Recovering. I go tomorrow for a prerequisite to my next round of fertility treatment. Hydrosonogram. Sounds like something with water and I've chosen to be blissfully ignorant on the rest. It's unlike me to not thoroughly research anything that's going to happen to me, but I'm expecting this to just be quick and then I'll be on my way to the next round and back to my regular researcher self. Wish me luck.
I'll post the Jackson's Orchard photos tomorrow. Can't wait! But for now, this list is complete.