Well, I do.
As I was laying here on bedrest hoping beyond hope one of these little B's would take hold, my phone chimed.
I can still hardly believe it! One of those embryos held on long enough to be considered viable, and so it was frozen today, on day 6 post egg-retrieval.
On my transfer day, I had asked the embryologist if we'd have any left over to freeze. He looked back at our last cycle and we had none. Then, he looked at the current embryos and just shook his head. So, even though my discharge papers said to call my voicemail box to see if any were frozen, that thought wasn't even in my head. I had already written it off. After all, only about a third of couples end up with some to freeze, and I had already been given the proverbial head-shake.
You see, my IVF lab only freezes grade A or B blastocysts that haven't stopped growing on day 5 or 6.
Another piece of information is that they ALWAYS transfer the best embryos first, on the fresh cycle. So, if I had 3 of the best transferred yesterday, and the one ranked fourth made it to the cryopreservation stage, what does that say about the possibility of pregnancy with these "better" embryos?
That's my rationale anyway.
Greg is a self-proclaimed late-bloomer and my grandfather said I looked like a spider till I was about 8 (I weighed a whopping 32 lbs in 1st grade), so I guess it's no surprise that our embryos might be "delayed" a bit. Just not too much. That's all I ask.
- Down to one injection per day: 1cc PIO (will show you this process next week)
- Progesterone check tomorrow.
- Beta (aka pregnancy test) next Friday.