Friday, September 17, 2010

30 weeks

At 30 weeks.....
  • I literally feel like Claire is doing gymnastics in my belly. I've read she's about 17 inches long and I believe it when she presses on one side of my belly and on the complete opposite side at the same time. She must think that's the way out of the uterus: to stretch open a doorway.
  • I've gained 23 lbs, and know where every pound is. I'm thinking at least 3 are in my left foot and 4 in my right. I mean, at least if I've got to be swollen, could they not match?
  • I am still not having to pee as often as I thought I would. Holding on to my immense pride in bladder control as long as I can.
  • I don't have a single stretch mark (knocking on wood as I type this).
  • I just bought my second jar of belly balm.
  • My iron is at an all-time low, but my glucose and blood pressure are normal so I'm thrilled with that.
  • I gashed open my little toe (needed stitches, but instead got steristrips) and now I'm even more waddley when I walk.

10 comments:

Allison Waken said...

You have the most adorable belly! I hope your toe heals quickly! Make sure you're drinking tons :)

stephanie howell said...

you look fabulous. fyi- stretch marks are largely genetic. i have never gotten them w/ any of my pregnancies. my OB told me the other day i have a "pretty belly". HEEEE!

and I??? have gained THIRTY FIVE pounds.

Megan said...

I adore that photo! And it's so fun to read about how you're feeling. Thanks for sharing the updates, you cute mama, you!

Karen said...

love the belly shot. so cute :) xoxo

Sasha Farina said...

you are so cute!! *not the gashing open your toe part* :)) I can't wait to meet little miss Foster.

Barb said...

Adorable!

And, sorry to hear about the swollen (and injured) toes.

justem said...

don't talk about the stretch marks!! ;) i thought i was so lucky and then at like week 36 they got all crazy...and i had miri at week 37. all that damage in one short week!!! i hope you truly ARE the lucky one!! ;)

MK Hennigan said...

No stretch marks, so awesome. They are genetic so if ask around. I have them and remember the day they were discovered. My husband looked at my belly and shouted "OMG what are those", and now I live with stretch marks. I was wondering why my belly itched so much, that was the stretch marks coming to visit me. You look beautiful, enjoy this special time in your life.

Mrs Frizz said...

Look at you ... gorgeous belly shot ... and you know full well that you don't really mind putting up with those swollen ankles and if, if, you happen to have a stretch mark or two ... be proud of them ... truly!!!

Okay, so I'm not in love with all of mine ... mine looks like a map - lol!

Susan Weinroth said...

your belly looks SO cute! so glad you are still feeling well too!