Saturday, September 18, 2010

riverwalk

Teaching at CKC San Marcos was a great excuse for a little vacation for Greg and I. After landing in San Antonio, we headed straight to our hotel on the Riverwalk. I had traveled here just a few years ago for a company trip and loved it. I knew Greg would enjoy the scenery at the Riverwalk and just vegging out for a couple of days. Plus, with me being pregnant, a vacation where we had packed schedules or a long plane flight, was out of the question.



So for two days, we walked up and down the Riverwalk. We didn't buy a thing (except bandages at CVS for my toe) and food....lots of good food here.


And, I was right about G loving the scenery. This is just one photo of a million that he took of the large cypress trees along the banks. Not to mention all the other flowers that caught his eye. So, for 3 days I've been listening to, "They can grow so much more here than we can" and "They have so many different types of plants here, like spikey ones and all kinds of shapes."

Included with our room was the little boat tour:

If you look closely, you can see me with the camera in his left lens, and my swollen feet in the right.


PS-ALWAYS ask for a free room upgrade....I've gotten two in a row and this one was for 3 nights! suh-weet.

4 comments:

AllyW said...

I love your photo with the bridge in it!

Barb said...

Was in San Antonio just about this time of year a few years ago. I agree - the Riverwalk is fabulous, and the food is amazing!

Betsy said...

So glad you got to have some R&R before teaching. My office (one of the AT&T buildings) is about 6 blocks north of where the touristy part of the Riverwalk starts, but is right on a quieter part of the river. When it's not so blazing hot or humid, we'll go walk the river at lunch. Love living in San Antonio!

Sasha Farina said...

love the view!