Tuesday, September 28, 2010

SC layouts

It's time again to share my Studio Calico layouts.

I loved the kit this month, even though it wasn't traditional fall colors for a kit. The pages I made just jumped together for me.


Made using the ON THE EASEL main kit + STILL LIFE add-on. This page was made possible by the word "punch" and the shape "circle." heehee.

To make the circles at the bottom, I used 4 different circle punches.
  • 3/4"
  • 1"
  • 1.5"
  • 2.5"
And it would have been helpful to have my 2" punch as well, but it was down at the barn and these swollen feet decided they didn't need a walk.

I first punched using the smaller of the two punches I had chosen for each circle onto the October Afternoon newsprint paper. Then, turning the larger punch upside down, so the smaller circle hole was visible, I centered and punched, creating the window or frame. Then, I chose my patterned paper and punched it using the larger of the two punches and glued together. I repeated this process with all shapes and sizes of circle punches until I had achieved the mass array of circles I wanted.

For the decorative corners at the top of the page on my journaling block, I used my 3/4" circle punch to make those.


The instant I saw the Basic Grey doily paper, I knew I wanted to mist over it using Mister Huey's Calico Cream. So, without a plan in mind, I misted away. It took about 5 sprays to achieve this look, but don't you love how opaque it is on the colored cardstock?

The rest of the layout is pretty self-explanatory, I just needed a second to swoon over Mr. Huey again :)

This layout was made entirely from the DRAFTING TABLE add-on plus a couple sheets of cardstock.

And, last is my favorite layout this month. It's about our dogs and how they are constantly given treats. Not by me....I'm the meanie who wants them to be skinny. In addition to the STILL LIFE add-on, I used the following supplies:
Hope you got everything you wanted at StudioCalico this month!

3 comments:

justem said...

Your first layout is absolutely incredible! Perhaps my favorite layout of your of...all time??!!

Davinie Fiero said...

Great gallery, April! My favorite is again and again. :)

stephanie howell said...

just beautiful, april. you KNOW i love the first one especially!