Tuesday, September 14, 2010

sneaks!

I usually have some sort of creative personal goal for myself each month as I assemble my kit layouts. Sometimes I push myself to use mist in creative ways, or to use my typewriter, or sewing machine. Sometimes I try to use a sketch or other form of inspiration.

My mission for my October gallery was this: Spend no longer than 30 minutes per layout and elevate & ice feet in between.

So, my Labor Day holiday was spent working on the computer with my feet up, then running to my scrap-room for 30 minutes at a time. In that time, I would complete 1 layout and decide my photo for the next layout so I could devise my plan after my rest period.

Luckily the plan worked and even though my feet aren't any less swollen, I have 3 layouts to show for it.


Made using the main kit + Still Life add-on. I loved how this one turned out. I used a large photo I had left over from my gallery frames (more on that later, I promise) of my grandfather and some of his navy buds. This sneak doesn't look all that interesting, but I promise, it's a cool layout :)

This was actually the first layout I completed using the Drafting Table add-on and a sheet of cardstock from the More Color add-on. I also added some Mister Huey's cream mist, which isn't available in the SC shop, but is available at lots of online retailers and several LSS's as well.

And my favorite layout of the bunch used the Still Life add-on plus some vanilla cardstock and the Gothic Arches punch. And, I'm as surprised as you that I actually used a glittered paper on my layout.

Best of luck on reveal night getting the add-on(s) you want!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo.... I can't wait for the full reveal, April!! And I,m such a slow scrapper, nothing will be done in 30mins.. lol..

Gracie said...

Spiffy sneaks April!
I feel for your ankles, thankfully it's not forever.:)

Lexi said...

wow--30 min layouts?! That deserves some kind of award! I am currently scrapping an old photo of my husband's grandpa in his Navy uniform. Vintage photos really are the greatest!
Excited for the reveal :D

joanne (spagirl) said...

oh april... these are awesome! i can't wait to see them in full!
and hey, i wish i could give you a massage!! lol!

Danielle Flanders said...

these are super cute, can't wait to see them!!

nicole said...

wow, wow, wow! beautiful & intricate sneaks! I would love to know the process you go through in picking your layout photos...i.e. do you know in advance the size, whether you want a b&w photo, etc. andgo to a print service or do you rely on pure spontenaity and decide at that moment and print it up yourself?

Emily Pitts said...

you are equally clever and talented. these are beautiful and i love the misting you did w/ the lace paper. that is genius. i'm so sorry about the ankles. i had the same issue when i was pregnant w/ annie and i do not want to ever be that swollen again. it wasn't as bad w/ ethan. thank goodness :)