Friday, October 29, 2010

37 weeks


At 37 weeks:
  • I just noticed the my belly looks pointy from above at times. Like in the photo here. I guess it depends on Claire's position and if she's sticking her hiney out. Greg says it looks like a square from the side and is taking photos of my side-view while I'm typing this, threatening to facebook it.
  • I haven't had a day of heartburn, but I've had about a million burps in the last hour. That seems to be the thing for me.
  • I still don't have stretch marks (knocking vigorously on wood here).
  • I didn't gain a pound this past week at the doctor and I was so happy mainly because I predicted it before I stepped onto the scale. The nurse was quite surprised (not sure if she was surprised I hadn't gained since I look enormous, or surprised that I predicted it, but I'm going with the latter).
  • It was time for my baby shower. More on that later, but it was FAB-U-LOUS. Swollen ankles and all.
  • I ordered my Thank-You cards and have lots to write. Can't wait to get them in and see them. They're super-cool if I do say so myself.
  • I tried to put on my wedding ring for the first time in 5 months and couldn't even get it on my pinky. I think I've swollen even more than I thought I had.
  • There are two more loads of laundry to do before Claire comes, plus I have to finish some artwork for her room. I plan to do that this weekend along with a Halloween party for the college kids from church. We'll see how that goes, though.
  • One more thing I'm proud of. Despite my insatiable thirst, my bladder is still holding on strong. I haven't once had to get up in the middle of the night for that reason. Usually, I just wake up and lay here wishing I could sleep.
  • And, if I must admit it, I'm a little sad that Claire will be the first grandchild on both sides, mainly because she won't have cousins. She'll just have to adopt some, I suppose.
  • Greg has completely cleaned out the car and says it's because I'm nesting. I don't know why he thinks that because I've always liked to organize things, but whatever the case, I didn't argue. I have a clean car!

6 comments:

Sasha Farina said...

I have two girls all the way in Singapore wanting to adopt Claire as their cousin! :))

Zorina said...

Same here, April. Baby H is the 1st grandchild for the Mercado side...no cousins.Then on my side of family her 2 cousins ( my sister's sons ) are in NJ, then 10 others (my 3 brother's kiddos ) are all in Manila. Oh, well!?? Claire and Hannah can be "cousins by Heart"!

Hannah said...

April...
I've been following your blog forever, and realized a couple weeks ago it was dropped from my google reader for some reason. :( so sad I haven't been able to follow you thru this journey, but I'm here now, and reading the archives!
I'm so excited for you and Greg!

I'm also pregnant right now, 15 weeks! We are having twins! Crazy!
Thanks for the great recommendation on the baby book! I've added two to my registry! I just love the looks of it!

Prayers and Hugs,
Hannah

*reyanna* said...

I love these posts. :-)

And you look SO amazing! Just beautiful. Glad to hear everything is going well. I can't believe you only have like... 3 weeks to go! Can you believe it? :-)

kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

i too have the pleasure/dilemma of having the first born grandchild... the downside is that he was alone at alot of family functions, and still mostly is (he is 6 now).. but we have great friends who have made up for that lack of family.. the upside is that he was completely spoiled rotten & adopted by my aunts who didn't have grandkids yet.. AND he is SUPER smart because he was always surrounded by adults, he has a fantastic vocabulary and a great network of family members to support him.

we now have a newborn, and i'm in the same situation.. we have cousins who live far away on my husbands side, so it's still like he's alone.. but now i have to contend with the 6 year difference (difficulties in getting pregnant the first AND second time.. so i understand your journey as well).. as well as no cousins...

but i'm learning God does things in his own time.. and so far the difference has been a blessing & our big one LOVES our little one. :)

what we lack in one thing, we make up for in another :)

Megan said...

Another great update from one super cute mama!