Saturday, October 30, 2010

Studio Calico - Napa Valley

Again this month for my kit layouts, I was all about keeping my feet up as much as possible. I'm typically a night-scrapper, which can pose problems when you're feet are HUMONGOUS by 5:00. So, for most of these layouts, I planned them ahead in my head, then ran to my scrapbook room and scrapped each one in about 30-45 minutes.

I've been waiting to scrap this photo for a little while and when I saw the months paper whimsies in the main kit, I knew this would be the perfect layout to use them on. I wish I had taken more photos as G was putting the crib together that night, but the ones I do have, I will treasure. I just love watching him prepare for our first baby.

Another layout about G preparing for the baby. He's been reading this book about child-training for almost the entire 37 weeks I've been pregnant. It's 90 pages, so he's on pace with about 1/3 page per day, so he should finish while I'm in labor. Let's just hope that his slow pace is helping him absorb the message.

This was my favorite layout this month and was made entirely with my favorite add-on: Mendocino. I added the Circle Punch (which is sold out but being restocked) and some Antique Linen Distress ink.

This layout was made with the Sonoma add-on. I wasn't too sure I'd like this add-on when I first saw it all in one place, but I ended up liking all the elements because they're so neutral. They blended so well with the other kits, including the main, so that was helpful in putting layouts together. I've almost used all of those gems in the tape roll by Making Memories.

Last, another of my favorite layouts. This is a photo of me at about 3 years old painting our fence in Texas. My favorite part about the layout is the paintbrush stamp that's included in the Mendocino add-on. I used Stampin Up! inks on kraft cardstock, but the new Jenni Bowlin colors would work very well with this stamp. If I had them at the time I made this layout, I would have used them for sure. Oh, and don't forget to add glossy accents to your cart if you don't have any. Sometimes I forget it's a supply that I have on hand, but with this layout, it really made simple hole-punched circles stand out.

Hope you enjoyed the reveal this month at SC. Kits start shipping on the 3rd!

4 comments:

lisa truesdell said...

lovelovelove that paintbrush effect - it's amazing. =)

i was clearing out old idea books last night and came across a couple pages by you - and looking at these i'm struck by how you've maintained the same classic style - love that. timeless pages are a good thing!

Keshet said...

These are all beautiful!

Sasha Farina said...

my fav is the one of G reading! :))

On my way... said...

*sigh*, love your designs, beautiful beautiful, I've got pickys of my hubby doing the same thing, hard to believe it was over three years ago now...!