Friday, March 11, 2011

one year ago, today


I found out I was pregnant with this cute baby.

I remember clearly, but read my earlier post anyway, just for the fun of it. I didn't want to wait until Greg's birthday (3/12) to find out, which is when our beta test was scheduled. I was terrified it would be bad news and ruin his birthday, so I tested myself a day early and thankfully it was good news.

It's strange how I can still remember how scared I was taking that pregnancy test. I remember sitting there shaking in fear.

What a difference a year makes, though. Today I got to hold and kiss and wipe slobber off our cute baby.

And tomorrow? Well, Greg gets to celebrate his first birthday as a daddy. What a precious gift that is...and totally makes up for the fact that I haven't bought him a thing.

5 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

Yep, it certainly is ... so very precious ...

And how delightful - she's gorgeous April ...

Happy birthday for tomorrow Greg.

Zorina said...

How wonderful to be reminiscing the past year, eh? Happy Birthday to Greg...and hugs and kisses to Baby Hannah's BFF in KY. She's a cutie pie! Where did you buy her hairband?

Christa said...

What a wonderful year it has been! And so glad he's holding his precious girl this year for his birthday!!

irishgirl said...

As a fellow infertility sufferer, I remember the fear. But, the joy has replaced it and my baby turns 16 on March 27th! Because of the fear and the 4 1/2 years it took to achieve his birth, I waited 5 years to try again and at 41 had an ectopic pregnancy and called it quits. If you hope for more children, don't wait to try again. Wishing you many blessings.

April said...

I absolutely adore your blog...and your house is amazing! I found your blog though a fellow blogger. Keep up the good work :)