Saturday, December 3, 2011

December Daily - Day 1 & 2

I began my December Daily, my very first one, by journaling a bit on the calendar page. I really like the size and thickness because this will definitely not need a page protector and acts as a good front page. I'm really not a pro at this and am just trying to keep up. I think it's important to do this to document the everyday things this holiday season.



I stamped with my favorite mini-alpha by Hero Arts using gray ink for the numbers and red ink for the "merry christmas."

For the first official day, I outsourced the photo and journaling. Since I'm on bedrest, my good friend Ashley was watching Claire and I asked her to take a photo and tell me something about their day. For the first time ever, Claire visited a school, to see Ashley's oldest son Jackson for lunchtime. Apparently she was a hit and LOVED it. My first reaction was that Claire won't eat Chicken Noodle Soup at home, but clearly she would do anything at school :)

For day 2, I chose to do a 2-page spread. I printed this photo at Walgreen's and it turned out a tad dark. The journaling tells about Claire's very specific and standard morning routine. I fear the day when she won't eat the same breakfast she has for the past 3 months.


I'll be back tomorrow with Day 3. I've already taken my photo and journaled. Yay me!

6 comments:

mandyb said...

so cute!!!
kids always do stuff differently for other people!!!
little monkeys!!!

Barb said...

Go April! You've got a great start.

caroline hancock / Scrappercaz said...

wow its looking awesome so far :)

Meghann Andrew said...

I love how you made a box out of baker's twine! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just wanted to know Where did you get you calendar page as well as you mini alphabet stamp set and mini number stamp set. I love them. Thanks for you help.
Angela

marcy said...

love it! I'm impressed you're doing this on bedrest! Can't wait to see the rest.